PhD (Law) from Symbiosis Law School, Pune on Insider Trading Law and Policy
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (IIM Bangalore)
Worked with Thermax and Kirloskar Brothers for 5 years. Later joined the Institute of Rural Management, Anand, as a Faculty Member.
Areas of Interest:
Corporate & Securities Law, especially Insider Trading Law
Amateur Interest in Philosophy of Set Theory
- Who Is Covered by the Insider Trading Prohibition? : The Problematic Concept of “Insider” in the United States and India, 3(1) Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal 15 (2017)
- Insider Trading Prohibition Based on the Equal Access Doctrine – A Critique, 8(3) Online International Interdisciplinary Research Journal 15 (2018) (Special Issue: Fifth Annual National Conference on Contemporary Legal Scholarship – 2016, Symbiosis Law School, Pune).
- Marriage beyond Procreation: In Search of a Regulatory Paradigm, 3(2) NLUJ LAW REVIEW 33 (2016).
- SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 2015: An Attempt at Ushering in Information Symmetry in the Financial Market, 15 BIMAQUEST 53 (2015).
- The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act, 2015 and Life Insurance Policyholders, 6 JINDAL GLOBAL LAW REVIEW 231 (2015). (Jointly with Dr. S Uma)
- The Nomination Riddle: Will the Real Nominee Please Stand Up?, 41 CHARTERED SECRETARY 170 (2011).
- The Insurance Ombudsman: Mapping out the Jurisdiction, 10 BIMAQUEST 11 (2010).
SEMINAR / CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION
- Gave a contributed talk titled “Cantor’s Paradise on Skolem’s Earth” in the Conference on Set Theory: Bridging Mathematics and Philosophy held at the University of Konstanz, Germany from July 29-31, 2019
- Presented a paper titled “The Insider Trading Prohibition in India– In Search of a Doctrine” in the Tenth National Business Law Scholars Conference held at the University of California Berkeley School of Law , United States on June 20-21, 2019
Chaired a session on “Banking, Finance and Insurance” in the Fourth International Conference on Law and Economics of the Indian Association of Law and Economics held at Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, Pune on December 15 and 16, 2018.
Presented a paper titled “Towards An Incentive Based Theory of Insider Trading Prohibition” in the Eighth Annual Doctoral Scholarship Conference held at Yale Law School, United States on 9th and 10th November, 2018.
- Panel Judge for the “Mock Constituent Assembly Round” of the Finale of the first National Constitutional Law Olympiad held at ILS Law College, Pune on February 25, 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “Insider Trading Prohibition Based on the Equal Access Doctrine – A Critique” in the Fifth Annual National Conference on Contemporary Legal Scholarship held at Symbiosis Law School, Pune on 10th September, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “The Insurance Ordinance and Life Insurance Policyholders” in the Conference on Global Corporate and Financial Law held at Michigan – Jindal Centre for Global Corporate and Financial Law and Policy, Jindal Global Law School, Sonepat on April 24, 2015. Jointly with Dr. S Uma
- Chaired a technical session in the National Conference on “Revisiting Freedom of Religion and Personal Laws from Liberty and Equality Perspectives” organized by the Centre for Public Law, ILS Law College, Pune on September 14, 2014.
- Chaired a technical session on “Financing of Elections in India” in the National Seminar on “Political and Judicial Perspectives on Electoral Reforms in India” organized by ILS Law College, Pune on September 6, 2013.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on “Insider Trading” at Symbiosis Law School, Pune on March 25, 2013.
- Made a presentation on “US Supreme Court Decision in Marbury v. Madison (1803) and the doctrine, principles and standards of judicial review” in the Workshop on “Marbury v. Madison and Judicial Review” conducted by the Centre for Public Law, ILS Law College, Pune on February 12, 2013.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on “US Supreme Court Decision on the Right to Healthcare in NBIL v. Sebellius (2012)” at ILS Law College, Pune on December 20, 2012.
- Delivered Invited Lectures on “Godel’s First Incompleteness Theorem” at S.P. College, Pune organized jointly by the Philosophy and Mathematics Departments on April 12 – 15, 2004.